Today I have learned that I do in fact have cancer. Pseudomyxoma peritonei (PMP),is a very slow growing condition and doesn't metastasize like 'traditional' cancer, and that is why tests, pathology and tumor markers, show benign. I was hoping to hear from my panel or a Dr. Today, but alas no.
I'm okay. It sounds strange to say 'i have cancer' but I'm at peace today, and the awesome thing is I have been all day. My emotions are dramatically different everyday, but not today. I have faith that even though I have cancer, everything will be just fine.
My Facebook post today, I shared my gratitude of being a mother. I will not be able to give birth again, and I am so grateful that I had the blessing and experience. In so grateful my children are healthy and happy, and its a great bonus that I have one of each! I've always wanted to be able to adopt, and hopefully that will be a reality in the future.
Prayer has been amazing. And the spirit guiding my thoughts and prayers, and to ask for the right thing. Reflecting on my prayers, I haven't asked for a cure, for a diagnosis, I've only asked for comfort, and for guidance for my physicians.
I am so grateful for the peace and power of The Comforter today. Today is truly my best day since I had my surgery and found my tumor.
Thank you to my many friends and family for the kind words, love, thoughts and many prayers.
Friday, August 24, 2012
diagnosis update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my sweet Katie! I'm so sorry to hear that this is the new diagnosis and that you will have to deal with this! And I am so amazed and awed at your peace and I pray that it continues and that your whole family feels that peace throughout everything! much love and prayers and hugs!!!!
ReplyDelete