Thursday, August 30, 2012

Birthday & more

I've had a fun week and memorable birthday.

Ken and Nat are in town! So we've been able to have family time in the evenings. Sunday was great. Just relaxing and talking. Monday we went up Millcreek canyon for Tin Foil Dinners and S'mores! (pictures will follow soon). The kids loved going down to the creek and throwing rocks. Maci had a blast playing in the dirt with our sand toys.

Tuesday, my parents took us to Asian Star. A family favorite. They serve sushi, and Gluten Free Chinese, so it's a huge win!

Wednesday was my birthday. It wasn't the best. I had felt just fine the last two days, but woke up in so much pain and feeling so sick. Blah. But I took my time. We woke up late, took a long shower, took our time getting ready for the day. For dinner we went to a great restaurant downtown, across from City Creek, Caffe Molise. Jeff will have art hanging there in a couple of weeks. They are Italian and MAKE their own GF pasta. We didn't end up getting pasta, I got a special, which I was assured it was GF. It was so delicious though, Beef shoulder with potatoes and veggies, but the marinated and seasoning was quite luxurious. Well, by the time we got home, I was severely ill from Gluten. Blah! Being miserable all day, then having a gluten reaction, not the ideal 30th birthday!

Well, Facebook, prayers, and the previous days' fun activities make up for it.

Now today. Well, honestly, I'm depressed. It's been rough. And no, it has NOTHING to do with AGE! I do this thing, where at the begninning of the year, i start telling myself and planning on how old I'll be, so by August it's not a shock. The only bummer about my age, is I can't tease my friends about how old they are being in their 30's anymore (Looking at you Sally & Marie!). I feel so miserable. I feel so sick. It's hard to come off of a 'high' physically and mentally. Feeling great for a few days, and with the extra fun, forgetting that I'm sick, I have a tumor growing inside my body. I felt like I could do so much in those two days. Now, I am struggling to get up let a lone, do my hair, do laundry, go to work. 

I still feel blessed. I still feel great gratitude and humility for all the prayers. But I honestly am struggling today. I haven't felt like this in 2 weeks, so it's a bit of a shock I guess. I am looking forward to relaxing tonight. Jeff got me some beads for my birthday. I have a few Halloween crafts I want to do. (I've been spending more and more time on Pintrest. I blame Laura. It's true, so many good fun things.)

3 comments:

  1. Sorry Katie! Happy belated birthday and here's to hoping your day gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PINTEREST makes everything better!!! :)

    ReplyDelete