Low points: so busy, didn't get to go to the Utah Arts Festival (for the first time in 9 years!), didn't get to spend much time w/ my hubby
High Points: saw Cars 2, 10 yr HS reunion, Jeff's art show, seeing lots of friends, hardly had time to notice my excruciating tooth pain
So all in all, it was great! I was so busy didn't have much time for anything else. I was on the committee so I spent Friday night and most of Saturday gone. He didn't come to the reunion w/ me. He didn't want to socialize with hundreds of strangers, and it saved us 36$.
Cars 2 was awesome! I loved how it was mostly about Mater. It was fun. Kids had fun. Maci had to get up and run around a bit, but they managed to stay in the hall and still watch.
The Reunion turned out great. It was worth most the stress and agony! It was great to do it at the Country Club b/c we didn't have to worry about setting up tables, food or clean up! We just set up our displays and centerpieces and it was a party! I was disappointed w/ the service though. I had to keep going back and telling the servers we were out of food. We did an Italian Buffet. They didn't have someone standing watch to check 'food levels' so that was annoying. And it turned out I was the only one who ordered a gluten free dish, so the chef didn't make one. So I asked what I could eat. They said of course the fruit, veggies, salad and chicken. The salad already had croutons, so no go their. The veggies had some sort of seasoning, and they couldn't tell me what. I asked to speak w/ the chef. Then nearly ten minutes later, they came out and said the chef can't talk to me, he was too busy. Then ten minutes later the CC manager came and talked to me. They started a dish from scratch for me. Yeah! Grilled chicken with roasted asparagus, zucchini and mushrooms. Very tasty. A hassle, but worth it. Fun to see so many people. Most everyone looked exactly the same!
Sunday night, Jeff had an art show. He has a few shows coming up by a guy who does this unique thing, it's called "By Invitation Only" they change the venue each time, may be a gallery, may be some one's house, and they have famous artisan chefs come, Utah native mostly, but get many nationally known ones as well, have a gourmet dinner and then have the art show and some times music. Jeff didn't go for dinner, so he got there at about 9pm. And it was great that he did! Got rave reviews, met other artists, and we don't know yet if he sold anything. (he did tell me that he had to go and get a glass of water and hold that the whole time so the servers would stop asking him if he wanted any wine!). He met a very well known Utah artist that loved his work. He shows in galleries in PC and Santa Fe, and said he'll send his stuff to a few galleries b/c he really enjoyed his work and thinks he'll do well. So yeah! AWESOME! So a great weekend!
Monday, June 27, 2011
This weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment