Saturday, May 7, 2011

Buddy

Friends. Real neighborhood friends. This is a new one for us. Yesterday, we met Buddy. He lives in the neighboring apartments. He just happened by yesterday while we were outside (we were outside nearly the whole day! LOVING the weather!).

Buddy is six next week, so for now quite a bit older than Ash. He was playing with the kids outside, and just welcomed himself and came right in. Wanted me to feed him, wondered back to the kids' bedroom (all of this while both my kids are still outside playing). He asked for a drink and I gave it to him. Then he saw we had Strawberry milk mix. He then wanted that, I said after he finished his chocolate milk. He never drank it. He kept coming in and out w/o my kids, wanted to take toys outside and to know where the toys were.

What is the etiquette for this?? Today he came by again, his dad knocked on the door, and left, before we even answered. So we had buddy again, asking for candy, taking toys out.  I hate to be a mean bossy mom. But we did eventually bring all the toys inside, he was a good help cleaning up, and tell him good bye.

He asked if he could come tomorrow, and I said no, because we don't play on Sundays. We said goodbye. I know we will see more of him, but the whole inviting himself in and out and asking for food is so not cool. We're going to have to figure this one out soon. Hum..........

No comments:

Post a Comment