It's a never ending battle. I've been working on many things, but of course I'm still learning and still mess up.
What I'm doing:
-using splenda
-stop grazing (that's what got me into trouble in the first place)
-pedometer
-portion size-this I'm proud to say I've been doing well on, no seconds, half the plate is veggies, deck of cards size meat/protein, etc
-more veggies and fruit
-no sodas during the week, just weekends (we'll work on none at all once I've mastered the weekday thing), and yes, I totally messed up on this one last week, It's hard on the weeks when your spouse works 50 hours
Things I've noticed:
-It's easier to eat healthier when I'm NOT at home. When I have to work, or I'm running around all day!
-Mirrors. Mirrors in the family room or kitchen. It helps me not reach for a treat.
-Don't go shopping hungry (of course this is a long old one, but Jeff and I tend to do regular shopping before dinner, so it's harder)
In all, I've lost 5 pounds since the middle of December. It's not much, its a start. Another thing I've noticed, is when I'm stressed, I don't eat extra. So maybe in some ways, stress can be a good thing? Well, no worries there! I've got so much to do in the next three weeks, thinking about it makes my head spin!
Some things I'm excited for:
A new place where I feel comfortable taking the kids for a walk around the complex b/c there are sidewalks. Floor to ceiling mirrors in the dining room. Lots of stairs. And my parents got a treadmill, that I hope* to come use once I live closer.
*hope b/c I haven't asked yet If I can come use their home mini gym.... mother may I?
So here's to working at it little bits at a time.
Monday, January 31, 2011
Weight
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment