Monday, July 12, 2010

lost camera, stupid phone, flopped boutique

I took pictures last week. Went to upload them on the comp, and the battery died. Then I couldn't find the charger. Well I found the charger, and now I can't find the camera. I was going to do a post on my crafting blog and do a post boutique sale (and sell some items 50% off). But can't find the camera.

My phone is the lamest ever and I'm so upset with it. I got it free w/ the contract renewal, and it sucks. I already exchanged it once for the same model but supposedly working one. And now this one is giving the same problems as the previous, and some even worse. It is an LG neon, which I recently learned that my cousin Grace has, and has replaced it 3(?) times. (INFORMATION I COULD HAVE USED YESTERDAY!--Adam Sandler in the Wedding Singer) So I am going to see what I can do to get a different model w/o having to pay ridiculous amounts of money. I've had it for 6 weeks, so each phone 3. Lame.

Saturday, I participated in a boutique in Lindon that an old HS friend was putting on. She said they were advertising in the paper, Craigslit, KSL.com, and flyers in local stores. Well NONE of that happened. They didn't even have a sign out on the street telling people what the heck is going on.  Hardly anyone was there, just a people sauntered over from going to the various stores in the strip mall. I sold 4 flowers (brooches), and sold 4 headbands that my friend makes and two instruction booklets that my mil makes.  So we all did get a small profit (we split the 20$ booth fee). I did have fun sitting there and getting compliments, just no one was really there to  buy b/c they weren't prepared for that. Boo. So I am going to try at another boutique this Saturday in Orem that is sponsored by someone else and there is NO booth fee. So I'm hopeful about this one and we shall see.

ON A HAPPY NOTE, Jeff was called by a the Loge Gallery in SL (inside the Pioneer Theatre Company Theater) for a show in September and October while their performance of Hamlet is showing! They want 24 pieces and he's signed the contract! It's a GREAT opportunity. Many artists that have shown there have been at many other prestigious galleries in Utah such as the Phillips Gallery! We're very excited and Jeff has A LOT of work to do! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment