Sunday, June 27, 2010

Weekend

Ugh. or Blah. Those are the best words.

We did go to the Utah Arts Festival yesterday. Tons of fun. Thankfully we got some free tickets too. We forgot the camera, I was bummed about that.  The kids came, so we weren't able to listen to the music much, or see all spend lots of time looking at our favorite art works. I didn't get to see as much as Jeff, b/c we took the double stroller, so it gets crowded w/ that. Jeff got to hear the artist lecture by Edie Roberson, and he really enjoyed that. The kids and I went to the Target Art Yard, and the Mad Hatter (you pay a few bucks that go towards something, i think it's Boys and Girls Club or something like that) and you get a paper sack that's been painted a solid color to help it stay tough, they roll the edges and you decorate your hat. Ash really liked that. We made lots of observations yesterday too, from the perspective of an artist hopefully working to make it in the art world. It was interesting to see some artists that we know or recognize, and thinking of a couple in particular, they've been at the Festival, as long as I've been going, so 8 years now. And there work is    exactly     the      same.  There's no progression, no change, and it's old and boring, and they didn't get any better at their work.  Just interesting, also good to know what to avoid.

Jeff has been working so hard lately. Everyday. He works 8 to 9 and sometimes 10 or 11 hours at his job. Then he comes home for dinner, then he bikes 30 blocks to his art studio, works there for 2-3 hours, and bikes back, goes to bed and does it all over again. I'm very proud of his hard work. So I do spend many quiet nights by myself, mostly reading. I have 2 days to finish my book before it's due at the library, so I need to read, and I'm almost halfway.

Now to the ugh and blah part, please feel free to discontinue your reading here. (Saying that makes me think of  The Series of Unfortunate Events w/ Lemmony Snicket constantly trying to convince you that it's simple to depressing to read but he's knows it's important to document the sad tale). Maci is on her3rd day of the runs. Ash is on his 2nd. Pretty sure it's crypto, b/c Maci started yacking this morning too. Yesterday we woke up to Ash and the runs all over him and his bed. This morning, it was Maci and the up chuck all over her and the bed. UGH! Ash started swimming lessons last Monday and LOVES it! And there is still 4 more days! No more! SLVHD rules are no swimming for 2 weeks after the runs subside to prevent crypto. Blah! He's going to be so sad to not go swimming w/ his 'friends'

So other than two hours of family fun at the Festival, not much of a weekend, and I'm sad to want it to be over, but i need time to pass so the kids can be better!

Hope you have a fabulous day and a better weekend than us!

1 comment:

  1. Sad! I hate that. I hope they feel better soon for their sake and yours! :)

    ReplyDelete