Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Time Traveler's Wife

Watched the movie last night. I didn't have high expectations as I figured it would be very sappy. But it wasn't very sappy. It was interesting, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Jeff enjoyed it too. It wasn't a tear jerker, but I did cry.  I would recommend this movie. I'm sure the book would be even better, I now have another one to add on a long list that I'm struggling to get to.

On that note of books, I haven't finished one since Maci was born, well, actually, I did re-read Girl with a Pearl Earring. It was a quick easy read, and I've read it before. I want to finish starting what I've already started, being the first book in the Wheel of Time series, Jane Eyre and Persuasion not to mention the BOM and the Old Testament!

2 comments:

  1. I also loved and was highly intrigued by the movie, so I read the book. I was intrigued enough again by the story to push through (plus a rave review by a friend of mine), but I wish that I didn't because it was seriously so, so graphic and riddled with swears. It had tons more dimension and challenges and things that happened, but I seriously regretted it (plus there is this other part that was in the book and not the movie that seriously bothers me and mars one of the characters). I know it's a rare exception, but the movie was better and cleaner than the book merely due to the editing going from book to movie.
    You can read it if you want and I promise I won't think badly, but I just wanted to warn you upfront, because I seriously wish someone had warned me ahead of time so I knew what I was getting myself into.
    That is all. :)

    ReplyDelete