A lot has been going on. It's been a fun type of busy though.
Last Saturday, we had a few friends over for a 'Mardi Gras' dinner party. We served up some fabulous Cajun dishes including of course Jambalaya, our favorite. I think some of our friends are only our friends because we cook up some mean Jambalaya... Any way, we had Cajun marinated shrimp for appetizers, followed by the Jamabalaya dinner with salad and cornbread and Mint Juleps (virgin style of course) and for dinner the traditional King Cake. It turned out fabulous, Jeff was skeptical. I had made one about 4 years ago, and it wasn't all the great, but I got this recipe from the master of all things New Orleans, Emeril. I really wanted to go all out, I was going to attempt Beignets as well, but left the recipes at work and so didn't see that the dough had to chill for 24hours! So that was a no go. I was even tempted to make fried lobster claws, but didn't want to pay the money. We made masks and wore them and just talked and had a great time!
(Side note: as I was typing this, in the background, I hear a riiiip, hum, nothing was in reach before, I better check it out, sure enough, Maci tore a page from the bible and torn it into many pieces so it was no longer salvageable. Good thing she's under the age of accountability otherwise she'd be going to hell!)
OUr Camera battery wasn't charged, but we got a few pictures from my mom's camera, but they are still on her camera. I'll probably put them on FB when I get them.
Maci turns ONE tomorrow! I cannot believe it! We're having her party on Friday. I got a bunch of cute decorations and will be making her cake tomorrow. She has also been off of mommy milk for 2 days now! Wahoo! (I got soo tired of nursing her, it just became a chore and she took to biting quite a lot in the last couple weeks, but considering she's had teeth for 6 months, not too bad). I'm sad that she'll be one, in a way she isn't a little baby anymore, but I'm also so excited. She is learning so much, so close to walking, and is just at a fun age! Anyway, more on that in the next couple of days.
And last but not least, we are MOVING! I'm so excited to be in our own place again. We are actually moving SATURDAY, we don't have a lot to pack, so not too much stress there, just short notice really. We really like our place, it is only a two bedroom but it is spacious. Jeff will keep his art studio at the warehouse which will be great. It is in a nice complex where some of the buildings are owned separetely (What the heck why can't i spell that word??? and where is my spell check? don't see it in this new format--ugh!) too.
Well that is it for now. Sorry no pics, just haven't been taking any.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Busy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment