Monday, March 9, 2009

Even more Maci

Maci has been a big sleeper the last several days. She has hardly been awake. I kept thinking okay tonight is going to be the big long one, but nope, she has gone back to sleep soundly. Today she has been awake quite a bit, the long period of sleep was an hour and a half where I napped too. But she's been awake a lot, and when she's awake she eats and eats and eats and eats! She's opened her eyes even more, she's no longer a squinty baby, she's wide eyed and looking around at everything. She has a very strong neck too. She looks more and more like her own person everyday to me instead of a cookie cutter of baby Ashton. I still stare in her eyes and wonder about this little miracle, and realize how grateful I am that Heavenly Father let me have and raise another one of his precious children. I remember in about fifth grade doing a book titled "Happiness is" and everyone filled in the blank and made a five or so page book about all the different things that help define happiness (the book we based it off of I think was called Happiness is a warm puppy). Anyway, bliss, true joy, wonderment, happiness all are a new baby. I am so blessed to have two wonderful little children.

No comments:

Post a Comment