Pregnancy survival skill: How to get out of a soft chair Put your feet flat on the floor and bend from the hips. Push on the armrests with your hands! Use your stomach muscles. If upward motion is still elusive, pick up your magazine and yell for more mint-chip ice cream. (Standing up is totally overrated anyway.)
That is great, I love it! I'm to that point now, It's hard, and when I do get up, I have Braxton-Hicks! It was a crazy weekend it seems with that. They got worse Saturday to where I called the on-call Dr to see what I can do. Sunday evening, they started to be real contractions, so we went to the hospital. Doing okay today. Still have the false contractions every time I get up and move around, but the pain isn't too bad. Last night they gave me a shot to stop them, turns out they were real contractions, they were every 31/2 minutes and were coming from the back too. They slowed down pretty significantly after the shot that they didn't need to give me another (they tend to give one every fifteen minutes up to three times when needed). I was also not dilated at all, so that's very good. I have an elevated cbc, but that could be because I'm pregnant, it's hard to know for sure. My fever went down slightly after the shot too, so they were comfortable sending me home. In the meantime I'm to keep off my feet as much as I can, drink a lot, and keep an eye on my temperature. I'm waiting to hear from my doctor for further follow up. So, bring on the ice cream!
Monday, January 26, 2009
How to get out of a soft chair--from BabyCenter.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment