So a perk of having your art coincide with the play, is that we got 8 free tickets! They were also amazing seats! So Jeff brought all his family. It was amazing! We need to go to the theatre much more often! (of course you have to have money to do that!) I've only see Kenneth Brannagh as Hamlet (top picture if you don't know who he is) and he was truly amazing.
Again seeing it in person was amazing, and I cannot give enough praise to Michael Crane, who played Hamlet. At the Pioneer Theatre Company, they didn't use microphones for this performance either. He portrayed all the many emotions so seamlessly, it was terrific! Of course we couldn't take photos, so I pulled some off of the FB page. I didn't take pictures of the gallery either (I didn't want to embarrass Jeff, but his father did take video).
Jeff had his name and one of his paintings printed in the program. And we learned that at one point they advertised the Loge gallery on the U's KUED tv station. (someone asked Jeff's father if he was the artist, and they saw a commercial advertising and loved it, so came to see it).
It was an amazing night to see so many people admiring all of Jeff's hard work! If you live in Utah, and want to see it, you still can through October 2nd. It is on the 2nd Level/balcony level of the Pioneer Theatre on U of U campus off of President's circle. Gallery Hours are 10 :00 AM- 6:00 PM M,T,TH,F (Wednesday's or Saturday's 10:00-1:45 pm) Closed Sundays.




No comments:
Post a Comment