Maci had her well child check up today, and last Wednesday met with the Gastroenterologist to determine how we should go about her diet. (more in a second)
Her stats are:
19 lbs 49% and 27" 24%
Her growth has slowed (which is to be expected once they get so mobile), her length she grew less than a third of an inch in the last 3 months. Whenever we took Ash for his well child visits, the Dr always asked how tall Jeff is. And today for the first time relating to Maci, "How tall is her father??" She is right where she should be, and is getting smarter every day. She loves standing and walking with her walker. She's a great babbler and gets so 'slap happy' now at night when she's tired. If she puts something in her mouth, and I take it out, she does NOT like this, throws a fit right away. Silly girl.
As far as things with the GI, we're trying to decide if she should be on a gluten free diet or not. Just the side effects of having undiagnosed Celiac disease (while eating gluten) are scary. Well, we have no answer as to what to do. Her primary sent us to the specialist and the GI didn't want to tell us which way to go at all. Left it completely up to us, was no help, and I know I knew more than he did about Celiac at this visit. Going through the medical history, telling him I have it, my mother has it, he later educated me like I had never heard of the disease before. Then he started telling me how hard it is to go on a GF diet and I wouldn't want to inflict that on my daughter, and where I can go to get GF foods if I do. Grrrrr. Never will see this Dr again. So, Jeff and I haven't decided what we're going to do. Maybe do like we did with Ash, and have her GF until one.
Monday, December 7, 2009
Maci's Stats
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment