Ash has definitely entered the terrible two's. He is in everything. I have to keep both eyes on him at all times. He has learned that when mom goes to the bathroom it is time to strike. Crayons have been banned for a while. However yesterday while at work, he was being very good. So I gave him one, and watched him color while I worked. Then he got up and left. And within a minute I heard the sound of the crayon banging on something. I got up and ran and he had already drawn all over the front desk at work. So 30 minutes later it was cleaned. No crayons, whether he is being good or not. He frequently hides the phone and keys. He tosses them in his toy box, behind the TV, the bathtub or in his bedroom. So we do have places we check routinely when things go missing. He carries around his Elmo trick or treat bucket everywhere. And if he doesn't have that he has his Elmo/cookie/zoie sippy cup, his Sesame Street coloring book or pooh bear everywhere he goes. And life gets bad when we can't go to bed with the sippy cup if that's the item of the hour. He is getting very good about going to bed, and tells us nigh-nigh and bye several times when we lay him down. Our internet connection is really slow, and I don't have patience to upload pictures, but I'll get some up soon. He played in the snow the other day, and didn't want to stop. He loved throwing it up in the air. He laughed hysterically when Jeff threw snowballs at him.
Other things going on, I'm doing well with the pregnancy just sore with all the muscles and stretching and moving bones. But it's nothing out of the ordinary. Sleep is still hard, but I'm managing. Jeff is working hard on a commission painting right now, and it's nearly finished. And he has a few other paintings in the works now as well. So he's keeping busy. I'm getting back into my stamping and having fun with that (and a few of my new sets too!).
Last night on the way to Provo to play games with Laura, Rob and Jill, we were in a wreck on 1-215. We're all okay, no one was hurt, airbags didn't deploy. The car in front of us slammed on his breaks to avoid suddenly slowing cars, and we did too, but we still hit them. No tickets issued, so that was a relief. It happened at 6:30 so there was a lot of traffic. Our car is driveable, but only just. The whole driver side fender and light is gone with a crumpled hood. Tire isn't bent so that's good. But the driver door won't open. So I had to climb out of the passenger seat (yes pregnant and already sore). The hood won't open either, but they're pretty sure the radiator is smashed up. We got our estimates, and the car is at the collision center. We'll have them start Monday after my mom makes her phone calls, and we hear what the insurance company says. There is a chance it may be totaled. So, who knows what will happen. And being that Laura was in a wreck last Friday, it totaled her car (she was in a head-on with the airbags going off, she got pretty bruised up, but that was it), we had to return the spare family car we were borrowing for Jeff. So we have no car, and repairs will take at least 2 weeks. Anyone have a spare car??? So everything is up in the air and we feel trapped here at home today. We are in walking distance to church, and have to figure out bus routes for Jeff to get to work.
So there is a bit about all the aspects of us right now. I'm sorry about the lack of pictures. But can I also say I'm in a serious holiday mood? I've been making Christmas cards like crazy trying to decide what to demo and have for my upcoming Stamp a Stack, and I've been listening to Christmas music too, it's inspirational while working on the cards. I desperately wanted to buy a turkey the other day and make a Thanksgiving meal. I've never been so Holiday Happy so early. I've got Holiday Fever I guess. Well, take care, hope you are all well!
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Lately
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment