Thursday, September 18, 2008

Update on Katie--read b/c there is a Surprise Ending

I am feeling soooo much better. I finally saw my doctor yesterday as a follow up to my ER visits. He said I didn't have a kidney infection. It was/is and infection, but we don't know what/where. I'm taking antibiotics, so it will take care of the problem anyway. I haven't been in pain since the trip to the ER with the exception of some cramping due to a growing baby. I haven't thrown up since Monday. :-) I'm thrilled about that! I still have an aversion to Propel though.
Tuesday, after being free of Ashton all day to rest and work, our car broke down! So, we were stuck at my Grandma's/Holman's all evening. We tried several things to get it working to no avail. It was finally towed at 10pm. We were able to borrow Will's car for Wednesday (again thank you sooooo much). So we found that the Fuel Pump broke! An unfortunately expensive part. Yes, that's what we need on an already tight budget is an unexpected problem. It ended up costing us 650, but only thanks to the fact that my mother is employed by LHM, otherwise it would have been 1000$! So we're lucky we could save even that much! So they got the car done quite quickly. I worked again on Weds, went to the doctor to try to figure out all the problems. They did ultrasounds again to check the kidneys, pancreas, bladder, and see how the baby is doing. We were able to actually see what it is!!!! We got a good view, and I'm only 16 weeks, and they're sure it is what they said it is. So drum roll. .......................................

IT'S A GIRL!!!!
We're so excited. We'll have one of each. We still don't have a name, but we have a list of what we like.

So all in all, I've been so happy. I feel great, I can do what I need to, we're having a girl, the car is fixed hooray! I promise I'll put some pics of Ashton up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment