So the surgery is tomorrow. I'm as ready as can be.
Scheduled for 5 hours. Will have an appendectomy for sure and de bulking of the tumor. One thing I didn't understand fully until now, was the location of the tumor. It is in the exact same spot. Which proves that previously the tumor ruptured because of the biopsy, but wasn't properly removed, so that's why it came back.
The other possiblities include a colon resection if the tumor has created a hole or 'infected' the colon. She feels an ostomy is not likely which is great. There is a good chance they will open me up beyond a laparascopy. Possible to remove ovary and a tube, small small small chance of a hysterectomy. They will do biospies and such during the surgery to determine they health of tissues and organs.
Have a good feeling, no worries, kids are set and I've got great family members helping and great ward members.
Thursday, November 8, 2012
THE surgery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck tomorrow! We will keep you in our prayers.
ReplyDelete