Sorry about the absence. I felt like I had nothing new to blog about, AND turns out our computer isn't really fixed after all. Saving for a new one, so I have no pictures to share. It's just such a pain to email them from my phone and save them, etc.
Well, September was a good month. Ashton started Kindergarten, he loves it. Has two new friends that are his favorite, Julian and River. He also started art classes! He loves that too. He gets frustrated easily though (wonder where he gets that from!) and doesn't want to draw all the time, b/c he can't do it and make it look 'right' (like daddy). So we're trying to work on that. He enjoys doing homework, but hates it too. Saturday morning he said, Mom, I need to do some homework, and sat down and wrote out the whole alphabet.
Maci is loving preschool. It's fun to watch her learn and grow, and start to apply her learning. She can count to 20, but can't say the alphabet in order. It's cute. For the month of Octobler, she started gymnastics! (killer groupon deal bought back in July). She LOVES it. I think it's a better fit for her than ballet too, she's a rough and tumble kind of girl. We'll see if we continue after the coupon ends.
Jeff is keeping so busy. We are so proud of him. He had a new show open with some amazing artists, including Pilar Pobil. He is in two new galleries, which has sparked 2 new commissions this month. He's working so hard.
Me. Well, then there's me. I felt pretty good most of the month. I started working with my trainer again. Had to take it easy most of the time. It was hard to not be able to do what I was doing in July. I have to build back up to it. I do feel good most of the time, and sometimes I even feel normal, or that life is back to normal. I love the routine, the schedule.
The last week and a half was awful. I was in so much pain, felt so sick, and plagued by migraines. I am back to feeling better again. One thing does seem to be for sure, if I work out too much, it worsens the pain, if I"m already in pain, movement is horrible. I'm best just sitting. So, no rhyme or reason I can detect to what brings on bouts of pain. But it feels the same as it did before. My surgery is 1 month from today. I'm surprised that it's so close! I scheduled it a month ago, but I feel as if it's already sneaking up on me. I just pray that I'm in pain before the surgery, so when they open me up again, they'll be able to find better answers.
Thank you for all of the continued prayers for my health, and for my family. It means so much.
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Trying to Feel Normal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment