On Mother's Day my dear aunt Barbara passed away. Her body was rapidly consumed by cancer. So Jeff and I packed up the kids to go be with family, and to see family that my children haven't met.
My grandpa had never met either of my children, and my grandma only met Ashton when he was 5 months old. Their health has been declining (my grandpa is 93) and so it was a great opportunity to go see them.
These pictures are from our visit Saturday night before heading home. Maci had been sound asleep for a couple hours, so we put her in grandma's arms for some pictures. I have missed my grandparents so much. I couldn't help but cry when I first gave them hugs. I just wanted to hug them and not let go. (especially knowing that this could well be the last time I see one or both of them). They were both their spunky selves. Just a little slower. What a blessing it was to go and meet them. Naturally my kids were shy at first. After our first visit over there, Maci was skipping down the driveway declaring she had fun at Sid's house! Words cannot describe how important it was to me to take the kids on this trip and to meet my grandparents. We are so fortunate we were able to go and spend time with them.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
i love your grandparents! i'm so glad you got to see them again!
ReplyDelete