Saturday, March 26, 2011

Gold's Gym Story

Here is my miserable Gold's Gym story. It was the first week I signed up, and has since resolved and been better. But still a bit frustrating. But I've lost 2 more pounds, so a total of 13. Still frustrating that I don't 'see' it anywhere, but I still feel great. SORRY THIS IS LONG!

I signed up with a contract. It's so close to our home now, that I can walk (or will once it gets warmer, or when I'm not feeling rushed!!!).  I get my first month free, day care included, and get one free one hour session with a trainer.  I made an appt w/ the trainer first thing so I can come up with a routine, and not just do the traditional cardio that i know! I arrived early for our meeting, so went to do a gentle warm up on the treadmills. The staff new I was there, and kept coming over and apologizing to me, b/c my trainer had gone over his session with his other client. An hour and fifteen minutes later, he comes and gets me. Apologizes, and said we can reschedule for another free session. So we worked out for about 25 minutes with some machines. We did two really, and some free weight routines. Then the time was up, he had another client soon, and I was getting dizzy (I had been working out for almost an hour and 45 minutes, which is more than I've done in a LONG time).  We go and sit down, and he starts his sale. Blah. Wants me to sign a CONTRACT for once a week sessions for 2 years.  I talked him down to a great deal, 70$ a month (so that's for 4 sessions a month, and each session is usually 65$), but in the end, it was way too much money for me to commit to.  He goes on and on about how I need it to truly meet my goal and for someone to hold me accountable, etc. Yes, I KNOW, I WANT TO SOOOO BADLY, but I DON"T HAVE THE MONEY!!!! He said to sleep on it. We'll talk in a couple of days when I come back for my next session.

The next session I arrive right on time. I walk in, and he walks right past me, not even acknowledging my existence! He had is bags, phone in hand, etc. I go scan my key card and tell the GG desk girl. She runs back out after him and grabs him. He tells me he was going to the car to get my phone number.... Anywho, we go to warm up on the elliptical. After two minutes, he says, so what did you decide? (I thought he'd actually wait until the end of the entire session, and prove to me that I needed him, but no he went straight to it). I told him that I will think about it in a few months when it gets harder to lose weight and it's time to step it up, change the routine, etc. He says 'okay.' and that's it. Two more minutes then we go over to the complicated machines that I don't really know how to use, or what my weight resistance should be etc. He stops then says ,well go ahead and do whatever, but I've got to go. He turns and walks right out. WHAT??? You have to be flipping kidding me? WHere's my free session? And come on, if I say no now, and say maybe in the future, you don't give up completely on the sale right? ARGGG! So I walk over to the front desk again, and as I'm walking there, the trainer manager walks right up to me, seeing what happened. I was ready to burst into tears! He then pulled out his ipod  and opened a GG app, and sat down w/ me, scheduled a session, and plugged things into this app and designed a custom work out for me targeting my goals, etc, and gave me two different ones that I can change up each time. I have my session with him next week. But I'm so glad he went out of his way to make it right. I am so angry w/ the other guy I just want to tear him apart! Thankfully I haven't seen him since any of the times I've been back in. Blah! But with the miserable experience, I'm still super optimistic about my weight loss, and quite determined, if not even more so!

No comments:

Post a Comment