Sunday, May 9, 2010

Tulip Festival

Finally we made it to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point! I have wanted to go for years! Tulips are my favorite flower! It costs 10$ a person, so a bit pricey to walk around some gardens, but I won some tickets off of a blog (Vanilla Joy) and we headed out on Saturday!

Maci was fascinated by the oceans of colors! We'd be walking along the path and she'd stop and look, then we'd go again, and she'd stop and go back to where we were and look again and touch the petals. She has such a goofy face above because she was doing her talking/cooing about the flowers.

They had a beautiful man-made pond towards the back of the gardens loaded with koi and lily pads, and two ducks. They had feed so we bought some for Ash to give them, He would toss it and say "Catch, fish!"
It was fun to watch them swarm the food!
Ash had fun running through the paths, went he saw tons of flowers like this he said "Wow, look at the jungle!" Or "Big Jungle!" We kept explaining that when there are lots of flowers like this, it's called a Garden, and he argued that it was a jungle!

I had never been to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens before, and they have this HUGE man-made waterfall area. There were about a dozen waterfalls, all so beautiful, and some were again HUGE! It was amazing!
The ONLY thing I didn't like about the gardens, was that there were SO MANY BRIDES!!! They had some amazing areas with water fountains, they had the Secret Garden, the Italian Garden, all these amazing areas that were beautiful and looked amazing to explore, but we couldn't, or at least felt like we couldn't because we'd be in the way of the Bride and photographer. (We had to keep Ash away from the fountains several times so he wouldn't be "in the way") So there were some amazing areas I would have liked to of gone, and even take pictures, but, we couldn't.  The photographers for Bridals pay a 100$ fee to access the garden, so that felt a little more justified, but still frustrating.

I did take several pictures of just the flowers, falls and fish, mainly for the purpose of the desktop wallpaper! If only I had brought our fancy film camera! Oh well! It was great, and I'm glad I finally got the chance to go.

On another note, Jeff turned 30th this last Friday! He didn't want a party at all, but his family still did cake and ice cream. He was stuck working until almost 8pm, so we didn't get to celebrate like we planned on, so in the end I have no pictures, and Jeff doesn't mind a bit!

1 comment:

  1. Hoorah for turning 30!! Happy Birthday Jeff!!

    And good work on winning those tickets from Vanilla Joy!! She's really nice.

    ReplyDelete