Monday, May 24, 2010

Fablehaven

So I haven't been a good consistent reader since Maci was born. Then upon moving, I started back to the library finished the book I had been wanting to read for a while (Shanghai Girls by Lisa See). And then didn't know what to read next. So then I thought, well, I don't know much about Fablehaven, but heard it's great, and was written by a BYU alumnus, and then seeing it was a huge new york times series, and remembering that I had a few friends going to the midnight book party when the last came out two months back, I thought, okay. I had to wait a few weeks for the first book from the Library. Jeff wanted to read it with me too. So the first night we read, we read the first chapter together. The next morning found out Jeff fell asleep earlier than I thought, and didn't recall a single thing. But I was already intrigued.  Before I knew it I had rented the others from the library, having to wait a few days for the 3rd book, and read 1-4 in 10 days, and it took that long b/c well I'm am a mother of 2! They are easy reads b/c they are children books. They aren't as super detailed as regular fiction book, so that makes them quick.  Then as many know, I jumped on the library waiting list right away for the 5th and final book in the series. Still a long waiting list b/c it did just come out on March 23rd. I've been dying! I'm so eager, Fableyhaven (as Jeff calls it) has been seeping into my dreams. I have 2 other library books to read, and started to read one, but so was so desperate to finish Fablehaven! So I caved, I bought it last Thursday, and finished it yesterday.

It did not disappoint! I can't stop thinking about it! I would love it if they made them into a series of movies! (I know a lot of people say that ruin it, but I love movies, and understand they do have to edit and shorten things) Well convinced Jeff that he would like it. So in the near future we'll read them together. (We read Harry Potter 1-5 together, then on 6 and 7 I couldn't wait for him I just wanted to read and read, then we went back and read them together at a slower pace).

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THEM YET, A GREAT FUN SUMMER READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About book 4 ---SPOILER ALERT-------
I was absolutely devastated when Gavin turned out to be Navarog, it was such a twist! Even when he turned into a dragon it didn't even click.  That was part of the eagerness to finish 5 b/c I was so eager for justice, you knew that good was going to win, but you wanted to know how, especially since the chances were so slim!

About book 5, Keys to the Demon Prison ----SPOILER ALERT!--------------------------------
Wow! Again I knew that good would conquer evil, and somehow in someway something miraculous would happen that would be believable enough to win. I knew the Fairy Queen would come out of her realm, but nothing about it was predictable.   I don't know what else to say about it, I still keep playing it in my head again and again. It was great!  I really hope that Brandon Mull does another series of maybe Kendra and Seth being older.  I also loved in the series as a whole, how each book flowed perfectly to the next, you knew that he planned the 5 book series.  Where as in HP, the first 2 books seem totally inconsequential. Just whatever adventures he had a school and both have these big events at the end of the school year where HP comes to save the day and fight some form of Voldemort. Fablehaven had little things all over that intertwined and had purpose and significance in the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment