Thursday, June 19, 2008

Harmon Jex Tobler























Harmon Jex Tobler was born to Harmon Christian Tobler and Leah Leavitt Tobler January 17th, 1927, died June 19th, 2008. This is my grandfather. My Father's father. he passed away last night (this morning). This is my first relative I have had pass away. It seems like it has been a long time coming. This last week has been quite difficult. He had been holding on since Sunday. I am happy that he has now passed on, and has joined his parents, including his father, who passed when 'Jex' was only 11, and his mother who passed away 33 years ago now. I've been reading a book this morning about my great grandparents that my Grandpa compiled 5 years ago. I feel close to him, and it is wonderful to continue to learn about my heritage, and remember my grandfather. This picture was taken on his 80th birthday, so January 17th, 2007. The panoramic picture was taken March 2007 at his 80th birthday celebration and family reunion. Not of of the family is pictured, unfortunately not all could make it (ie my brother in medical school and his family). I will post the obituary when that is published. Grandma, I love you, and I admire your strength and your serving heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment