SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't have much time to read in the day with an infant, so I spent two nights up to 4:30 am reading. I Loved it. I am exhausted. Once I finished it left me no just tired but emotionally drained because I was so invested in it. The Epilogue was disappointing and unnecessary, and that is the only thing I could have possibly even disliked. I thought everything that needed to be answered was. I was thrilled that we finally see Harry succeeding from wit instead of luck. I cried at about everything death that there was, even Ted Tonks. I cried the hardest I think though over Remus and Tonks. That just broke my heart. And of course Fred. That was very hard. I didn't mourn over Snape, but I now understand him and his actions. I am relieved that there was clarity and answers about him, and why he treated Harry the way he did. And I am glad that Harry forgave his so readily.
In the end I just felt so proud of Harry for truly rising to the occasion. Justice was served and everything made right. I was so afraid that the book would end on a dark sad note. I am so happy that Neville also rose to the occasion rebuilding the DA and killing Nagini! Go Neville!!! Luna was also wonderful! I was so glad she provided some smiles after all the deaths. She has become one of my favorite characters because of her relentless cheerfulness. Ron also rose to the occasion showing he wasn't as not necessary dumb, just not all that bright. He grew so much mentally. I am glad that one of the Dursleys finally showed some interest in Harry, and especially that it was Dudley.
I cannot wait for J.K. Rowling's HP encyclopedia she stated she would be writing on the Today Show. She said there was so much unsaid and more information on many of the characters that the books simply didn't allow room for, such as Dean, she stated he as a complex past. (See mugglenet.com for more info).
I am not sad that it's all over, because there are still the movies to come and enjoy. And as Liz said, we can reread them with our children and enjoy them all over again.
Sorry I don't have the comment option available, but I'd love for you to email me!
No comments:
Post a Comment