In this case, I don't think vanity or pride is a bad thing. I don't have a total weight loss for the month of March yet, as it isn't over, but I feel and look awesome. I feel guilty sometimes to look in the mirror and admire how awesome i look, or tell jeff to feel my more toned tri cep muscles. But seriously, a lot of my weight loss has been in my back, arms and hands. It's rad. My wedding ring slips around all the time. My pants I had to get in December b/c all my other pants were too big, are too big. I feel vain, but in a proud sort of way. Not the way that I'm sinfully proud, but like a Pres Monson is proud of the choir type of way.
I've had an amazing support team, from my husband who is motivating me and complimenting me and not complaining about all of our meals being ground turkey, chicken or some sort of low calorie meal, to my trainer who is my friend, gives me tips, and is jumping for joy when she gets my WW results text and her husband is complimenting me b/c of all that she's been telling him, to my mom who is an example and cheering me on, and to my cousin who's been such a great friend and her compliments have meant so much.
So, still feeling great, down 8 pounds this month so far (weigh in on Thursday) and I am so much stronger. I can feel it, and I was working out a lot and gaining muscle before i started to lose more too. It's strange how it worked out. The other cool thing, is I don't drink soda anymore. I don't need my caffeine. I do have it on occasion, like I had a coke zero yesterday to counteract all the Benadryl I had to take. But I don't miss it, just the flavor from time to time. Water is my new friend. I'm amazed at how easy the switch was, and how much energy I get from drinking enough water.
The other part of vanity is my hair. I love my hair right now. I can't remember the last time I loved it this much. At the beginning of Feb I had it done, and dyed it dark brown with deep red tones. It was very dramatic. We went darker b/c my hair tends to fade fast. And now it's the perfect shade. I should have been born a brunette. I was thinking I'd go lighter in June for the summer, but no way. I'm staying brown. The other thing I have noticed with drinking so much water, is how fast my hair grows! Really, in two months, my hair has grown an inch!
So again, feeling great, and a bit vain, and proud.
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Vanity or Pride? (and yes, a very vain post)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is awesome Katie! I am so happy for you and proud of you :)
ReplyDeleteway to go!!
ReplyDelete