Monday, April 26, 2010

Little Dorrit

I have watched the entire mini series of BBC's adaptation of Charles Dicken's Little Dorrit. I LOVED IT! It was amazing!  It has Matthew Macfadyen (Pride and Prejudice --Mr. Darcy opposite Keira Knightly) as a kind friend to Amy Dorrit who was born and raised in the Marshelsea (Debtors Prison).



It is a fabulous classic and I had never heard of it before only after watching BBC's EMMA I saw the preview for it and was hooked then! I rented one disc at a time from the Library as I was on a waiting list too! There's even a longer one for the book, so I have to wait a bit longer on that one. Amy Dorrit is like a Jane Austen Heroin, her character is  kind, understanding and generous then of course it has a web of intrigue as there are many characters that have connections that only surface at the end!

I've been watching tons of BBC movies, (Jeff was actually interested in Little Dorrit! -but paints while I watch!) next on my list is Cranford (which stars Michael Gambon-Dumbledore and Judi Dench) that takes place in 142 in Cranford a town in North West England. I'll let you know how it is, oh and Emma was fabulous too!

No comments:

Post a Comment