It's been a unique Easter Holiday so far. Last night, Jeff and I were watching 'Bee Movie' when my mom texted me. My mom, dad, grandma and cousin drove up to Rexburg to see my cousin perform in The Magic Flute (they said it was amazing and that you {Elise} were fantastic!). My grandpa fell out of his bed again at the rehab center and was being taken to the ER. I jumped in my car (at 11pm) and drove to the VA hospital. I was the pretty much the first line of response, the closest family member (both geographically and literally) which was a little overwhelming. To make a long night and story short, my grandpa fractured his hip. It was an intertochanteric fracture. He needs surgery and a pin placed. My grandpa has been very limited physically in what he is able to do, so this has unfortunately made things harder and a little worse. I was at the ER until 3 am today. I sat with my grandfather, tried to comfort him, and relayed what the doctor said to my father and grandmother. Needless to say, it was a hard experience, but I am so grateful I was able to be there, not just for my grandfather, but the entire family. It was hard to see my grandpa so sad and in so much pain, but it was also a special experience for me that I will never forget, it was a time to be with him, just me, and to bond with him, showing that I cared and loved him. I am awake now taking care of Ashton, but with bags under my eyes. I will soon nap, and will have an enjoyable day the rest of the day. We are eating dinner with my family having a little egg hunt and I'm sure another trip to the hospital. Ash has a little Easter basket from us, he got a romper, two hot wheels (he is loving!!) and 101 Dalmations.
Happy Easter, what a beautiful day and opportunity to remember our Saviour, and his sacrifice for us, and the plan of salvation.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Happy Easter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment